Friday, 4 January 2013

Book Review: Bad Rep by A Meredith Walters





Title: Bad Rep
Author: A. Meredith Walters
Series: NA
Pages: ?
Genre: Romance
Release Date: December 21st 2012


"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes".

Maysie Ardin is soaking up the summer before her junior year of college, shopping, hanging by the pool and shopping some more. But when her black belt in spending lands her in trouble with her parents, she is forced to take a second job at a local bar to dig herself out of a deep financial pit.

She thought she’d be miserable. But then Maysie didn’t count on Jordan Levitt, the hot, pierced and tattooed, drum playing bartender who also happens to be very interested in her. And the feelings are totally mutual.

It had the makings of the perfect romantic set up. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy has girlfriend? Okay, maybe not.

But attraction is a hard thing to ignore and soon Jordan and Maysie find themselves in the middle of a gossip induced firestorm. Maysie has to learn whether she can set aside her fear of public disapproval in order to be with the one she wants. Or will she let the opinions of others dictate her life and her heart?

I did enjoy reading this book but I didn’t feel that it really drew me it like other have. I didn’t get that feeling that I simply must keep reading. However, I don’t like to leave books unfinished, so I read it anyway.

Maysie made some bad decisions but I still liked her anyway. I liked Jordan as well but it seemed like he had a bit of an identity crisis. On one side he is a college frat pledge boy, smart and studying accounting, and on the other he is a bad boy rocker. He was very romantic and had me swooning in many parts of the book. Which I liked!

I was happy with how it ended. I especially liked the blow up moment, but it just seemed like it took for ever to get there. What’s done is done; you can’t change it, so just get over it already!

I think Olivia’s character needed me to hate her more. I would have preferred her to be more of a bitch, but it just kept referring to how nice she was. Then you start to feel sorry for her, which turns you against the main character. Ummm, aren’t you supposed to always be rooting for the main person of the story??? Confusing!!! Maybe Olivia is set to get her own story later.

The story started to get a little repetitive, especially with Maysie’s guilt issues and doubts all the time. I suppose it was for a reason, particularly with how everyone was treating her.

All in all I enjoyed the book, but it probably wouldn’t be one of those books that I would read again.

                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below...